Funny story I have to share. So Braden is 14 months and we are working on his bad habit of throwing his juice cup when he is done. So the other day I thought, well, maybe we will try time out. He has no idea what that means, but hey, let's just see what happens. So we were in the living room and he was standing at the coffee table drinking his juice. Low and behold, when he was done, he just threw it on the floor.
I said, "Brrrraaaaden, pick it up and put it on the table." Mind you, he knows what this means...he does it about half the time. While keeping eye contact with me with those mischevious little eyes, he proceeds to kick his cup. I repeated, "Brrrraaaaden, pick it up and put it on the table." After three times I said, "Ok, let's go to time out." So I picked him up and went and sat him on his little step stool in the entry.
I thought he was just going to crawl away, but no, he sat there for a whole minute just jabbering to himself looking completely content. It was so cute. I couldn't help but laugh. But wait, that's not the funny part. After one minute I stood him up, he walked back to the table, grabbed his cup, took a drink, threw it, looked at me, walked back to his stool and sat down. Jeff and I looked at eachother and just started laughing. Are you kidding me, Braden?!
I have a feeling it's going to be a challenge disciplining this little boy. The biggest challenge is going to be for me to keep a straight face. :P Lord help us.
For the record, he gets this from his Dad. Grammy has told me several similar stories trying to discipline Jeff. I was the perfect child, right Mom? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
LOL oh thats too funny! I think those big blue eyes would melt anyone! I think its harder to stay mad at boys then it is girls! Devin will come over and start hugging me and telling me how nice my hair looks when he's in trouble! Good luck! I'm glad to see a post! :)
That is hysterical! Good luck with that! ;) Owen sometimes puts himself in time out and tells me he's in timeout! Not sure it's working for me either, HA!
that is too cute!
HAHA, great story! Even though Bryson is only 4 months, he is already teasing me with smirks and his eyes...I think we will be joining you in the "trying to keep a straight face" while disciplining! Too funny! I think Braden is so adorable!
Yes - you were the perfect child.
Post a Comment