Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to Work

I just wanted to blog real quick about my first week back to work. I started back on Monday, although it was a short day. I only worked 4 hours. Tuesday was my REAL first day back on my full schedule. For now, I will be working 6:00am - 2:30pm M-F. Not a bad schedule at all. I am gone before Braden even wakes up and have most of the afternoon left to be with him. He stayed with my mom (Grandma) Mon - Wed and Jeff's mom (Grammy) Thur-Fri. That made the transition so much easier. He loves them both very much so I knew he was in good hands. My only concern was the fact he was not real keen on the bottle. He was a little hesitant on Monday, but by Tuesday he was taking his bottles no problem. And I still breastfeed when I am home and he has had no problems going back and forth. Phew! That was such a huge relief for me and makes me feel much better about daycare (which starts Monday).

As for me, I am doing great, just a little tired. Having to wake up at 4:30 and actually get dressed and be somewhere has been quite the adjustment. Of course it is bittersweet being back at work. It's great to see all my work buddies again and get into a routine, but then OF COURSE I am missing my baby boy. But I like the fact that I have him to look forward to at the end of every day!

We went last Friday to meet Braden's teachers and he was hammin' it up for them. He smiled at all of them, so that made me feel good and of course they loved him. I think he is going to like it there. Tonight is open house and both Grandma's are going with us so they can meet his teachers and see where he is going to be. It should be fun.

That's all for now, just wanted to let everyone know we are all doing great and getting back into the swing of things!

1 comment:

Kari Sanchez said...

I'm so relieved for you. Especially since he did so good and finally took the bottle, he's helping this transition go a whole lot smoother. I'm anxious to hear out the open house went. I'm proud of you, you are a wonderful mother and I'm so happy this is going smooth for all of you. I on the other hand am in morning at the loss of my temp-SAHM :(