
So I am looking for any advice you moms out there can give me. Braden has been a good sleeper up until a few days ago. He has been in his crib since he was 5 weeks old and would sleep fine and only wake up to eat. Well, the last few nights, he will NOT sleep in his crib. I don't really know what's going on. I thought maybe it was all the salad I was eating (I felt like the picture from the last blog - LOL). So I am laying off the lettuce for a few days to see if that's it (I read it can give them gas). It's the weirdest thing though...he will be asleep and as soon as I put him in his bed, he wakes up and starts moving all over the place! Once I pick him up and put him on my shoulder, he goes right to sleep. So I have been letting him sleep on my chest just so I can get some kind of sleep, but I can only do that for a couple hours. The last 2 nights, we put his swing in our room and he sleeps there perfectly. He is only eating once during the night, so he is not hungry, just restless. I am thinking maybe he is done sleeping on his back so I think I will try to put him on his stomach tonight. He slept with me this morning (after Jeff went to work) on his stomach and he seems much more content. I also tried to put him down for his nap in there and he wakes right up! Any other advice is appreciated. I really need to get him back in his bed. I go back to work in 2 weeks and am hoping to be on SOME kind of schedule or at least a routine. Thanks for reading!




5 comments:
Hey, Debralea -
First of all, he is so stinkin cute!! Those eyelashes are so sweet! About the sleep advice... I put all my babies on their tummies to sleep and they were all sleeping thru the night by 3 or 4 weeks old... it worked like a charm... I know they say back to sleep, but I just made sure their crib sheet was on tight and there was nothing for them to "smother" into around their faces... Also, if you can put him in his bed before he is totally sound asleep, they say this makes them better sleepers bc they know where they are if they rouse in the middle of the night. If they go soundly asleep in momma's comforting arms and all of a sudden wake up in this lonely crib, they dont know what to do, so they cry out... So I would nurse and rock my babies... and sing, rub their back, etc until they were really drowsy and dosing off, and then lay them in their beds on their tummy to put themselves to sleep...
Sorry this is so long, but I believe that a good nights' rest super-important to a new momma, so I thought you wouldnt mind my novel comment!! :o) Hope it helps!
~summer
I totally agree with Summer, I did those same things, first gave her a bath, nursed in her dark room, sang rocked and then put to sleep on her tummy. Everynight same routine so she knew it was bedtime, and sometimes the Celine Dion Miracle CD or white noise.
Well..I think Owen wrote the book on not sleeping! HA! Let's hope this is temporary. You know it could be those teeth you were talking about. You could try a little tylenol before bed or my Dr. says you can rub Benadryl on their gums. Then there is always Orajel. (Can you tell I'm a pill popper) If his teeth are discomforting (is that a word) him, these things might help. As far as what you are eating... we should talk, I could probably tell you if anything you are eating could be upsetting his stomach b/c Owen's stomach was so sensitive! A friend of mine swears by putting them on their tummys to sleep. I agree with Keri about the routine. That also makes a big difference. Call me if you want to go over your diet ;) HA!
oh deb---kg was sleepless in austin for her first year so I have no advice but do what works for you guys. most people told us to let her cry it out but we did not like the idea of that--I myself would not want to cry myself to sleep. then we got desperate and tried it and she screamed for like 2 hours and it never worked. routine was always key with kg so we would bathe her, then read her some books, then I would nurse her and put her in her bed with some soothing music. good luck my friend.
Well, I am the bad one that let Faith sleep in our bed from birth till like 9 months. After that we did the routine that everyone is talking about. She did really well till Sophia came and now I am going through the sleepless nights with 2 kids. I am sure Faith's is just a phase with all the change, but we are big about consistancy, therefore we haven't changed her routine and just let her cry for 15 mins. then check on her and tell her it's all ok and we love her and then wait another 15 mins. (this is the "Baby Wise" method). We rarely have to go back after the first 15 mins., so I think it will just take time for her to get used to everything. But she is a lot older we didn't do this when she was little. We will see how Sophia does. I am sure it is all going to be different. Also, once you think you know what to expect from your kid they shock you with something new... a growth spurt, sickness, or just a random night or two without sleeping, so sometimes it is just a phase and they will get through it. Sometimes you never figure out why they didn't sleep one or two nights and that is frustrating. Anyway, sorry for my novel too. Good luck and keep us posted!!!
Post a Comment