Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Jeff's BIG 3-0!

So Jeff, my husband, turned 30 on November 17th and I have been planning his surprise party for the last month. It was Saturday, so now I can blog about it! He reads this sometimes, so OBVIOUSLY I couldn't talk about it. OK, surprise parties are great and fun and all, but man, they are stressful! I caught myself several times wanting to talk about it with him, then just had to sit there and think about it to myself. He had NO CLUE though...he was completely surprised. It was great. We had alot of fun. Thanks to everyone who helped me out. It was greatly appreciated! Gene and Linda, the brisket and sausage were AWESOME! I was so glad it wasn't burned! Ha ha. But seriously, very tasty. Thank you! Greg and Gene, thanks for distracting him at the golf course, although I know I had to twist your arm to spend the afternoon playing golf. ;) Mom, Kari, Jenna, Sarah and Vanessa....you were all a great help! I don't know what I would have done without you! We have such great friends, I couldn't be more thankful! (this would be a great segway to a Thanksgiving blog, but this is about Jeff's birthday!) Oh...Jeff, thank you for not asking too many questions and ruining the surprise. I was so proud of you. (He likes to ruin surprises for me so the fact that I actually pulled this off was a HUGE accomplishment).

Last Monday, his actual birthday, his parents took us out to eat at Pappasitos (Jeff's favorite Mexican restaurant). It was sooo good. We always forget about that place. YU---MMY!
I love you to pieces, Jeffrey Charles, and I hope you had a GREAT 30th birthday! You deserve the best. MUAH!
Here are some pictures from both parties! Enjoy!
Pappasitos:

Did you notice Braden eyeing the water in the previous picture? Well, he got it!
The Party:

Yep, that's a picture of Jeff, NOT Braden. ;)


Mmmm...blue icing = lizard tongues. Very cute...

"Do I have something in my teeth?"
Don't ask...

Best buds winding down and Jeff finally gets some cake. Whew! What a night!

5 comments:

Nicci said...

So fun! Kari just told me today he graduated from Westwood too small world! I only went there in 98 though so I wouldn't have known them but I wonder if he knew of my crazy brothers!

Thanks for you sweet comments on my blog too! :)

Kari Sanchez said...

It was a fun party, Jeff was hilarious and I'm glad it was a surprise! He has good wifey!

victoria said...

ahh so sweet of you. looks like you guys had a great time. happy turkey to you and yours. xoxo

Andy, Sarah, Owen & Kendal said...

The party was great! You did an awesome job! You get the wife of the year award for pulling one over on him!

Sarah said...

What a fun year! Can you believe it is our turn next year:)!!!