Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Braden's 2 month appointment

We went to the doctor this morning and Braden had to get his first round of shots. Poor little guy, but he did great. He had to get 3 shots in his leg and one immunization orally (total of 8 immunizations). He only cried for a couple minutes, then I took him to the car and fed him and he has been sound asleep now for an hour and a half. Momma teared up a little bit, but I did fine. I think I prepared myself for him to scream his head off, but he really just cried and took it better than I thought. He will most likely run a fever and we will give him infant Tylenol for the pain as needed. He weighed in at 12 lbs. 11 oz (at exactly 8 weeks old). He was 23.5 inches. That put him at 75% for height and weight. He gained 4lbs. 11oz since his 2 week appointment. He is a growing boy. Doctor Enders said it looks like he might have a slight case of Eczema. It is totally not a big deal. She recommended using Aveeno for baby so we stopped by the store on the way home and got some. She said he is a perfectly healthy baby. He was being very social and just talking away to her. It was so cute. He was showing all his tricks and he loves his Doctor Enders! That's all for now. I am going to try to get some rest myself. Muah!

5 comments:

Debralea said...

Kari - you will be glad to know I added all this to my online journal! ;)

Anonymous said...

Aww - I really want to meet him! He's so handsome! :)

Kari Sanchez said...

Good for you! I was just thinking that. You will thank me later for making you stay on top of those things, ha. Glad my baby boy is healthy and growing.

victoria said...

sounds like he is doing great. the first shots are the worst but he sounds like a brave boy!

Andy, Sarah, Owen & Kendal said...

Awwwww. It's so tough to take them for shots. I always take Andy with me so I won't be the bad guy, but he really won't remember ;)