Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sleep, Baby, Sleep

We decided to start putting Braden to sleep in his crib on Monday night. It has only been 3 nights, but he is doing great. The first night was a little rough, he was getting up alot, but that was usual to what he was doing before. The only difference is, I have to get out of bed and walk across the house. But, it is much more comfortable to feed him in the glider than in bed. And he has a little night light in there, so I can see him without it being too bright. The last 2 nights have been great. I think it helps Jeff and I sleep better. I don't feel like if I move in bed, it will wake him up. And the video monitor is a must. All I have to do is roll over and see him, I don't have to sit up and look into the bassinet. It's great. He is so sweet. This morning (about 6:30) he just woke up and was entertaining himself. He wasn't upset, just talking and looking around. I watched him on the monitor for about 15 minutes (so fun)! Then he started his "ahhh", like "come and get me". So I went in there and started talking to him and he just started smiling away. Ugh...melted my heart. That was the BEST! He is such a sweetheart. If everyday could be like last night, I will be a happy mama! We put him down at 10:30, he didn't wake up to eat again until 3:45am, then again at 6:30 (but didn't want to eat until 7:00ish). I just wanted to share and let everyone know the nights are getting better. I probably just jinxed myself, but I hope not. :)

2 comments:

Andy, Sarah, Owen & Kendal said...

Way to go! I think this will be great for all of you! I don't know how people do it without a video monitor! I would be getting up every thirty minutes if that was the case. Maybe I'm just paranoid ;)

victoria said...

hooray! sounds like he is a sweet baby boy and I cannot wait to meet him. and sleep is key so I am glad he is doing so well!