Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, April 11, 2008

Baby news...

We had our 2nd class on Wednesday night. I must say this one was better than the first. We watched the "birth" video, which I actually watched SOME of, but I had to turn away for most parts. You will all be proud, I DID NOT pass out! Woo-hoo! I didn't even get queezy. I think I am going to be fine. I am glad we are doing these classes because I feel it makes me a LITTLE more prepared and know a little more about the medical part of it. Why this happens, why that happens, etc. One thing I did not know that was kind of interesting is that the baby's skull is made up of 5 bony plates that bend to get through the pelvic bone, then contract back together. I thought that was kind of neat, and THANK GOODNESS for us, right ladies?

I also had another 2 week visit yesterday. My belly measured 34 cm, which is average for 34 weeks. Heartbeat is strong as ever. I told her about my heartburn that has been keeping me up at night and she prescribed me some medicine for that. I started taking it today, so hopefully that will help. I go again in 2 weeks (April 24th), she will examine me, then it's once a week. Less than 5 weeks til due date people!!! Whoah! Jeff was there with me this time and she said something that kind of freaked him out. Ha ha. She said IF we were to have the baby today, we are past all the major concerns with a premature baby so really, now, we are just playing the waiting game. He said, "So you mean he could be here any day?" He really could, but I don't think it will be that quick. I must say I don't know if I will make it to due date. This baby boy wants out already. I really have tried not to complain too much and have really had an easy pregnancy (I think), but I am getting to that uncomfortable stage. Especailly at work. He does not like me leaned over my desk and he lets me know it. He is STRONG and has a good kick. I have to sit back quite a bit. I told my boss yesterday, that if I make it, my last day will be May 13th (exactly 1 week before due date). Like I said, IF I make it that long. We shall see. I think this weekend we may put the seat in the car and pack a bag (just to be prepared). :)

2 comments:

Kari Sanchez said...

OMG I cant believe it's like 5 weeks away!! I'm tearing up just thinking about it. All these years I've known you and it's been without a baby now I get to see you as a mommy too and you'll have a baby with you every time now instead of just you, how crazy is that?! Good idea to pack a bag and install the carseat cause you never know what could happen or when. I'm so excited!! Hope you make it to all your baby showers too! Pat your belly for me! Can't wait to meet my future son in law :P

victoria said...

lots of good baby news. I do hope the heartburn goes away and yes you have hit the uncomfortable stage and are ready for his debut. get lots of rest, go on date nights with your hub, get a manicure, get your hair done--spoil yourself silly girl. if you need anything let me a know. xoox