Monday, May 12, 2008
39 week Doctor Visit
Well, we got some interesting news at the doctor today. First of all, it was my last day of work, so woo-hoo!!! I was very excited about that. Now I can just take it easy and relax for a few more days (hopefully). So back to the doctor... When the nurse took my blood pressure, it was a little high (135/100). She came back in about 10 minutes and took it again. It had gone down a little (130/92). Well, my doctor was a tad bit concerned about preeclampsia. I have NEVER had blood pressure problems, but she said it may just be me getting ready for labor....but, she wants me to take it again tomorrow afternoon, and if it is still over 90, she is going to admit me tomorrow night and induce on Wednesday. I was a little shocked to hear that. And a little scared and disappointed. If it is the right thing to do and what is best for me and Braden, then obviously that is what we will do. BUT, I really don't want to be induced if I don't need to be. I am still completely closed (not dialated at all). I know that doesn't really mean much, but I just don't think he's quite ready and I don't want to force it. On the other hand, it's exciting to think he could be here in less than 2 days. At this point, I am just going to have to trust the doctors and do what's best for this baby boy. I plan on taking it easy tonight and tomorrow and hope that my blood pressure is back to normal tomorrow afternoon. I will keep you posted and some of you may be getting a call real soon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
yep you just gotta trust the docs--they know what they are doing and will do what is best for momma and braden. so exciting that he may be here so soon. please call me if you need anything girl. sending good and calming thoughts your way. xoxo.
Post a Comment