Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our Sweet Baby Boy...

This will probably be a long one. There is alot to say about the last few days. I went into labor on Tuesday about 5:30am, went to the hospital at 8:00, sent home at 9:30 because the contractions weren't strong enough, went back at 12:30 and was admitted by 1:00. I was dialated 2cm when we got there. I got the epideral at about 3:30 (when I was about 6cm). I was still feeling the contractions and to make a long story short, the epideral never worked. Luckily, the hard part of labor went pretty quick, although at the time it sure didn't feel like it. I went from 6cm to 10cm in a couple hours. At 6:00pm, it was time to push and Braden arrived at 6:57pm. What a relief! And man did he have some lungs.

They took him and cleaned him off then I got to see him and hold him for the first time. I can't even describe it...I was so proud and so happy. It really is amazing how much love you can feel for someone you just met. I know I have heard about it, but you can't really describe it until you experience it yourself. He is a beautiful baby with a full head of hair. I cannot believe how much hair he has. And it is such a pretty color (golden brown). I'm not going to say who I think he looks like because I think it's too soon to tell. All I know is that he is so darn cute. I can't stop looking at him! He makes the cutest faces and I just want to kiss him all the time. Jeff (Daddy) is a natural. He is so good with him and I just LOVE seeing him as a Dad. He has the swaddling and diaper changing down pat. He is already an expert. He is very proud of his baby boy and is taking such great care of me. I don't know what I would do without him.

Thursday was my birthday AND Braden's coming home day. What a perfect present...to be at home with my new baby boy. This will definitely be a birthday I will never forget. When I got home, Jeff had flowers and a HUGE birthday cake waiting. He also bought me some perfume. What a great husband. :-)

Our first day at home was great. He slept, ate, and pooped, pretty much all you can ask from him. As for that night, it was a little different. Let's just say he has his days and nights confused. Last night (night #2) was a little better, we are working on it and will just have to figure it out. He is such a good baby though and has been very easy for the most part. We are just so happy to have him home and healthy. His first doctor appointment is Monday so I will let you know how it goes.

You all know, that my blogs will probably be ALL about him for a while. :-) Thanks for reading and enjoy some more pictures!

Ugh...so darn cute!
Grandma

Grandpa

Grammy and Gramps

Aunt Stacey

Aunt Vanessa and Uncle Jamie

Aunt Kari

Ashlyn loves her future husband. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Braden that Team Rogers II can't wait to meet him! Especially big cousin Reagan! That is all she talks about! See you all next weekend. We love you!

Kari Sanchez said...

I still get tears reading about this or hearing it. Births are so emotional especially with people you love. I'm so thankful you have a healthy and handsome baby boy. So is Ashlyn ;) Love you guys! Give him kisses from us.

victoria said...

welcome home guys. he is a fabulous gift for your birthday. whenever you are ready for visitors!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! He is darling. Congratulations!