Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

4 months!

So Braden turned 4 months old on Saturday! He had his 4 month appointment yesterday where he got his 2nd round of shots. He did really well. Of course he cried for a few minutes, but once we got in the car he was asleep. Man, I hate those shots but I know it has to be done. He weighed in at 16lbs 5oz and 25.5 inches. He is still in the 75th percentile for height AND weight. Doc said he looks very healthy and is meeting all the milestones he should be meeting! We will be starting him on cereal tonight. He has been showing the signs that he is ready for some solid food - waking up to eat again at night, watching us eat, etc... I'll let you know how that goes! Another thing to note is he cut tooth #2 on Saturday (1 week after tooth #1). So he now has his 2 bottom front teeth! He WILL knaw on your finger if you put it in his mouth, but he hasn't bitten me yet. Let's hope that never happens.

I wanted to take a few minutes to list some of my favorite things about my Braden (not in any particular order):

1. His smile. I love when he gives me that big grin right after he wakes up in the morning or from nap. SO sweet!

2. His laugh. He is ticklish on his back, his upper thigh, under his arms, his side, and his neck. It is so fun to tickle him and there is nothing better than a baby's laugh!

3. His curiosity. He is always looking around with that little mouth wide open and eyebrows raised. I love this look. You can just tell he is soaking everything in.

4. When he looks at me while he is eating, stops, and gives me a big smile. That is the best!

5. He does this thing when he eats where he puts his arm over his eyes then moves his little fingers like he is waving. I don't know why, but it is so cute.

6. His little voice. When he gets tired, he will start to sing and sing himself to sleep. It is the sweetest thing and I could listen to him sing all day! He has also started singing in church. Once that organ starts to play, he joins in with everyone and sings his own little song. He entertains everyone around us. Very fun.

7. He has started rocking himself. When he is sitting on your lap, he will start rocking himself back and forth. It is the funniest thing, you have to see it.

8. The way he perks up and looks for Jeff when he hears his voice. Then when he finds him, he gives him a big old smile. I love watching my 2 boys together. I love them both so much!

9. His hugs. I don't know if he means to, but when you hold him on your shoulder, he sometimes squeezes your neck with both arms. I'm going to pretend he is giving me a hug even if he doesn't know it. :)

10. Last, but not least, the fact that I get to be his mommy. He is such a great gift from God and there are days that I just look at him in amazement that he is mine. I can't think of a better gift/miracle for our family. I love you very much Braden and consider myself so very lucky to have you in my life.

2 comments:

victoria said...

oh girl you nearly have me in tears. what a sweet post. your baby boy is lucky to have you as his momma. motherhood is beautiful on you friend.

LOVED brothers and sisters. I was on the fence too about DH--not such a fan of the 5 year skip. I thought a lot of it was real sad. and dont worry jeff still has his mancard even if he watches DH ;)

Kari Sanchez said...

Ok I dont know why but that last one just made me tear up!! I love him too so much. He is the sweetest little boy! After being around him all the time, I know I could have a boy too, even though I want all girls, a boy would make me just as happy. He has the sweetest smile too I have to agree (next to Ashlyn of course ;)